Join us for the ACHRI/Owerko Centre Summer Student Research Symposium
Date: Tuesday August 22, 2023
Conference: 8:50 am - 4 pm
Closing Remarks and Awards Reception: 4 - 4:30 pm
Location: Health Sciences Centre, Foothills Campus. Registration desk located in the HRIC Atrium. See map.
Deadline for abstract submission was August 5, 2023
Deadline to register was August 10, 2023
Information for presenters
Students are invited to present at one 2023 Summer Student Research Symposium. Presentations should be geared towards a broad audience outside of your field of study who may know little about your research area. All oral presentations will be followed by a two-minute Q&A. Oral and poster presentations will be judged and there will be prizes. Winners will be announced during the reception.
After submitting your abstract, you will be notified if you will be participating in the oral and poster sessions by August 10, 2023.
Cumming School of Medicine institutes ask that students only present their work in ONE summer student research event, but all summer students, including those who aren’t supervised by ACHRI and Owerko members, are welcome to attend. Summer student research symposiums taking place this summer:
- August 14: O’Brien Institute for Public Health & Libin Cardiovascular Institute
- August 15: Snyder Institute for Chronic Diseases
- August 16: McCaig Institute for Bone and Joint Health
- August 17: Arnie Charbonneau Cancer Institute
- August 22: Alberta Children's Hospital Research Institute and Owerko Centre Symposium
- August 22: Biomedical Engineering
- August 23 Hotchkiss Brain Institute