External Child Health Research Funding Opportunities
- Newborn-Maternal Health Research Initiative
- Call for proposals for a Team Grant
- The Calgary Health Trust (CHT) is seeking to support a single Team Grant led by full-time faculty members based at the University of Calgary, ultimately aimed at reducing the rate of preterm births in the Calgary Zone. This research funding opportunity addresses the critical need to develop innovative solutions to reduce the health care and societal burden of preterm births.
- Deadline Summary document: September 1, 2019 4:00 p.m.
- Deadline Full Proposal: December 12, 2019 4:00 p.m.
- The Partnership Engage Grants provide short-term and timely support for partnered research activities that will inform decision-making at a single partner organization from the public, private or not-for-profit sector. The small-scale, stakeholder-driven partnerships supported through the Partnership Engage Grants are meant to respond to immediate needs and time constraints facing organizations in non-academic sectors. In addressing an organization-specific need, challenge and/or opportunity, these partnerships let non-academic organizations and post secondary researchers access each other’s unique knowledge, expertise and capabilities on topics of mutual interest. There are 4 deadlines each year; researchers may only apply once per calendar year. Please choose a submission date at least 2 months prior to when you would need the research to begin.
- RSO Internal Deadlines 2019: December 12
- Contact: Katie Ryan
- Conferences, workshops and competitions help advance research and development goals and are an important part of building upon ideas. Alberta Innovates values and supports such events as a means of building awareness of our programs and for attracting and recruiting graduate students and researchers. The Strategic Networking and Development Award makes funding available to Alberta-based universities and research institutions for these purposes. Proposals are accepted at any time and are reviewed regularly. Please note that this competition will be part of the new Research Management System (RMS) Release #1, and approvals will be obtained electronically. Please see funding calendar entry for details.The application and approvals must be routed through RMS and reach Research Services.
- Contact: Lisa Singh
- Research Services has launched the 2019 NSERC: Collaborative Research and Training Experience (CREATE) internal competition process.
- Please see the internal document for information and contacts.
- Alliance grants encourage university researchers to collaborate with partner organizations, which can be from the private, public or not-for-profit sectors. These grants support research projects led by strong, complementary, collaborative teams that will generate new knowledge and accelerate the application of research results to create benefits for Canada.
- RSO Internal Deadline: December 18, 2019 at noon
- Contact: Danielle Demiantschuk
- Conferences, workshops and competitions help advance research and development goals and are an important part of building upon ideas. AITF values and supports such events as a means of building awareness of AITF programs and for attracting and recruiting AITF graduate students and researchers. The Strategic Networking& Development Award makes funding available to Alberta-based universities and research institutions for these purposes.
- RSO Internal Deadline: December 20, 2019 at noon
- Contact: Lisa Singh
- The intent of this funding opportunity is to catalyze foundational work needed to further our understanding of the positive, negative and/or unintended impacts of recent and ongoing changes to the financing, governance and delivery of public health services and responsibilities in Canada. The goal being that the resulting evidence will be used to inform decisions and policies related to public health organization, financing and delivery.
- Registration: December 3, 2019
- RSO Internal Deadline Full Application: January 3, 2020 at noon
- Contact: Anna LeMarquand
- Accelerator award for early-stage, potentially transformative research that has the promise for future funding. Can-GARD aims to fund proposals that would eliminate barriers in the diagnostic or treatment journey for rare disease patients. Topics include basic research, clinical application, population studies, and machine learning approaches.
- LOI Agency: November 30, 2019
- RSO Internal Deadline: March 30, 2019 at noon
- Full Proposal Agency: April 1, 2020
Research Enhancement Program
The OADR provides up to $5000/yr for principal investigators or lab members to obtain training in new techniques/methodologies that will enhance their research endeavors. Proposals will be considered to support acquisition of advances to improve an identified future grant application or to rapidly respond to requests by reviews of manuscripts currently close to publication, in a high impact journal (IF >8)