Who can participate?
Your child is eligible to participate if they:
· Are less than 18 years old
· Live in or near Calgary, Alberta
· May have had a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19
· May have been tested for COVID-19
· Are healthy and have not been tested or diagnosed with COVID-19
What does the study involve?
Visits to the Alberta Children’s Hospital in Calgary for testing to measure blood antibody levels against the COVID-19 virus (SARS-CoV-2).
There are two ways to participate:
· Option 1 will involve blood testing for antibody levels every 6 months (4 times in total) over 18 months
· Option 2 will involve blood testing for antibody levels and other immune and genetic testing in blood, nasal, urine and stool samples, performed once.
Children will be welcome to participate in both or either options.
This study has been approved by the University of Calgary's Conjoint Health Research Ethics Board (CHREB). Ethics ID: REB20-0480
Cette étude a été approuvée par le Comité conjoint d'éthique de la recherche en santé de l'Université de Calgary, Ethics ID: REB20-0480
The AB3C study is supported by Alberta Health Services (AHS), Alberta Precision Laboratories-Public Health, the University of Calgary, and the Alberta Children’s Hospital, and is funded by Genome Alberta, Alberta Health, and the Alberta Children’s Hospital Foundation through the Alberta Children's Hospital Research Institute (ACHRI).