Under the leadership of the Owerko Centre Education Committee, the Owerko Centre supports training opportunities for trainees from the undergraduate to the post-doctoral levels. Our commitment is to:
- Engage with key training partners across campus including ACHRI, the Cumming School of Medicine and the Faculty of Graduate Studies to provide education and training opportunities.
- Gather feedback from investigators and trainees regarding key areas in which training and career development opportunities are most needed.
- Create a shared language and understanding of neurodevelopment and mental health across disciplines to foster new knowledge and collaborations.
We actively create opportunities for trainees at all levels to advance their education and research through education related activities, event, and awards. This page will list those activities so please check back frequently for updates and opportunities.
2021 Summer Student Workshop Series
Over the summer of 2021, ACHRI, the Owerko Centre, HBI, Libin and Snyder Institute teamed up to provide summer students with outstanding opportunities and resources to enrich their summer research experiences. 7 exciting workshops were offered:
- Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
- How to effectively design an experiment
- What you need to know about biostatistics
- How to create an academic abstract
- Effective verbal academic communication
- Effective visual academic communication
Please check back here in the spring of 2022 for the next offering of these excellent workshops in the summer of 2022.