Aug. 27, 2020
Ten must-see destinations in Calgary
Visiting tourist spots is always a great way to explore and get acquainted with a city. Here are some of the Welcome Centre's recommendations for places you can explore in Calgary.
- The Calgary Tower – get a bird’s-eye view of the city and elevate your dining experience
- Prince’s Island Park – get a stunning view of the Peace Bridge as you explore the walking paths around this downtown oasis
- Winsport – got a taste for adventure? Winsport Canada has plenty of summer and winter sport activities for all ages
- Stephen Avenue – this busy downtown street has shopping, restaurants and nightlife galore!
- The Calgary Zoo – explore Calgary's world-class animal exhibits at the zoo. You can even say hello to their most popular furry friends — pandas!
- Glenbow Museum – learn about history of Calgary and Alberta and watch exhibits from around the world. See what's currently on show here.
- TELUS Spark Science Museum – this isn't your ordinary museum — TELUS Spark is full of exciting and engaging exhibits for the science lover. They also have free drive-in movies for the summer — see what’s coming up here.
- Studio Bell – learn about the history of music in Canada at the National Music Centre. For a short time, you can even visit for free!
- Calaway Park – did you know Calgary had an amusement park?! Just outside city limits, Calaway Park has rollercoasters and other fun rides where you can spend the whole day.
- Heritage Park – are you a history buff? Heritage Park has an excellent display of Alberta's heritage buildings and pioneer history, with a steam engine train you can actually ride!
Looking for more hotspots? Check out this great list of Calgary attractions from Narcity.