Why choose us
Lack of access to genomic testing is common in children with complex immune dysregulation disorders.
We offer a patient-partnered interdisciplinary clinical and research program where families from across Canada can turn for advanced diagnostics of suspected immune dysregulation disorders and personalized treatments targeting the unique cause of a child’s symptoms.
These collaborative and innovative solutions lead to dozens of children with rare disorders being seen by a group of geneticists, immunologists, dermatologists, rheumatologists and other specialists working together.
Conditions we treat
Who we are
We are an experienced multi-disciplinary team of clinicians and physicians from different specialties who are involved in the care of children with complex immune dysregulation disorders at Alberta Children’s Hospital. We collaborate with these areas: Rheumatology, Immunology, Medical Genetics, Gastroenterology, Dermatology, Endocrinology, Neurology, Hematology, and Oncology.
Connect with us
- Dr. Ashish Marwaha (Pediatric Geneticist)
- Dr. Marinka Twilt (Rheumatologist)
- Dr. Luis Murguía-Favela (Immunologist/Allergist)
- Dr. Nicola Wright (Hematologist/Immunologist)
- Dr. Michele Ramien (Pediatric Dermatologist)
- Dr. Candace Rypien (Pediatrician/Infectious Disease Specialist/Immunologist)
- Dr. Julien Marcadier (Adult Geneticist)
- Teresa Hunt (Adult Genetic Counsellor)
- Kristin Binnington (Pediatric Genetic Counsellor)
- Eiza May De Las Alas (Genetic Assistant)
- Lindsay Philips (Research Assistant)
- Tatiana Kalashnikova (Research Assistant)