To keep our trainees and scholars up-to-date on training activities and funding opportunities in ACHRI and beyond, ACHRI sends out a bi-weekly newsletter. To be added to the ACHRI trainee mailing list, please register as an ACHRI trainee.
ACHRI is pleased to partner with CSM institutes and other programs on campus - please check out their current offerings by clicking on links below:
ACHRI Trainee Funding Competitions
Current trainee awards competitions:
- ACHRI and ACHRI-BME Summer Studentship Awards (via new Summer Studentship Application Portal) - Deadlines: February 3, 2023 (student portion) and February 10, 2023 (supervisor portion)
Please refer to this page for detailed information on the application process through the central Summer Studentship Application Portal.
Please see our Trainee Funding page for details on these and other trainee funding competitions.
Courses and Workshops
- Mitacs Training Courses: Mitacs Training provides professional skills development courses for graduate students and postdoctoral fellows.
- In Fall 2021, Mitacs launched a brand-new professional development curriculum, to respond to modern learning preferences and better align content with the competencies required by industry partners and employers. The courses offered are Project and Time Management, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion, Networking Skills, Communication Skills, Career Planning, R&D Management, Leadership Skills, Writing and Presentation Skills. The courses are available at no charge to graduate students and postdoctoral fellows currently registered at a Canadian university through the Mitacs learning management system, EDGE. Follow the link for details and to register.
- UCalgary Science Communications Certificate Program: Improve your science communication skills and your graduate school experience by participating in science communication certificate program at UCalgary. Learn more here.
- UCalgary Badges: Explore UCalgary's various opportunities for micro-credentials which allow trainees to build their competencies and develop their interests. Get the details here.
Events and Seminars
For ACHRI Events, visit the ACHRI calendar.
For CSM workshops and training activities, visit the CSM Training Programs calendar.
- Child Health and Wellness Seminars
- GradSnacks is a new grad-student focused program launching on the Foothills campus to address food insecurity among the population. With support from the GSA’s Quality Money, GradSnacks will provide free, nutritious snacks to graduate students 24/7. The program launches on January 18th, and is available to all Foothills campus graduate students. We have partnered with the CFD to operate GradSnacks out of the ZenDen in HSC G214. See poster for more details.
- Visit My GradSkills online training resources to learn about remote professional development training opportunities for graduate studies
- Career Services: Resources for Students and CareerLink
- UCalgary Health Sciences Library Workshops
- Taylor Institute for Teaching and Learning: Postdoctoral Scholar Certificate in University Teaching
- Mental health resources during COVID-19
Contact us at email@example.com