ACHRI Research Trainees
As a research institute, ACHRI focuses not only on providing a sound research environment to its members, but also on creating innovative training initiatives to enhance the educational and research training experience at UCalgary and ACHRI.
To keep our trainees up-to-date on various relevant training activities and funding opportunities in our Institute and UCalgary, ACHRI sends out a weekly newsletter to registered ACHRI trainees and members. To be added to the ACHRI trainee mailing list, please contact our office at email@example.com.
Please see the ACHRI calendar for listings of current ACHRI events. Please see the CSM Training Programs calendar for listings of current workshops and training opportunities in ACHRI and other CSM institutes/programs.
ACHRI STEP is currently accepting applications for the following competitions:
- ACHRI Trainee Small Research Grants - Deadline November 1, 2019
- ACHRI Postdoctoral Fellowship Award - Deadline November 1, 2019
Please visit the ACHRI Trainee Funding page for more information. Please review terms of reference and application requirements before applying. Contact ACHRI STEP office with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
Training Activities, Workshops, and Events
Libin International Trainee Symposium: Research is Better with Sex & Gender: February 4-5, 2020, Banff, Alberta. The CIHR’s Institute of Gender and Health (IGH) Sex and Gender Science Trainee Network at the University of Calgary, and the Libin Cardiovascular Institute are pleased to invite applications from trainees to participate in this two-day symposium. Attendees will get hands-on training from world-class experts and leave with a concrete plan for integrating sex and gender considerations into their current or proposed research projects. Get all the details and register today at https://libin.ucalgary.ca/traineesymposium. Application deadline: Friday, November 1, 2019.
HBI REALISE is offering the following workshops, open to all trainees, faculty and staff at UCalgary (register through REALISE portal):
A behind the scenes look at the Journal of Neuroscience: October 11, 2 to 3 pm, HSC O1500
Self-awareness - strengths, values, beliefs: October 17, 1 to 3 pm, HSC O1500
Ideation: Generating innovative ideas, developing early stage concept, and building a minimum viable product: October 22, 2:30 – 4:30 pm, HSC O1500
Confessions of a Scientist: Tales of Academic Horror: October 28, 2 to 3 pm, HSC 1405B
Basics of fMRI Preprocessing and Analysis: October 28 - November 6, various times, HSC O1501
The art of connecting with people: October 29, 2:30 to 4 pm, HSC O1500
Taylor Institute for Teaching and Learning: Postdoctoral Scholar Certificate in University Teaching and Learning:
- This certificate demonstrates that you have completed a comprehensive program in which you have cultivated a reflective, evidence-based and theoretically-informed approach to teaching and learning. More information.
Career Services on Foothills Campus:
- Did you know that Career Services visits Foothills monthly to meet with graduate students? These one-on-one appointments are 45 minutes, and cover anything career-related, including career planning and exploration, resumes/CV/cover letter review, job search/networking, LinkedIn, interview preparation, AND MORE!
- Dates for Fall 2019:
- September 27
- October 11, 25
- November 15, 29
- December 6
- To book: Go directly to this link or visit the dates listed above on the CareerLink event calendar
- Questions? Email email@example.com
UCalgary Health Sciences Library: Offers a series of training workshops on EndNote, literature searching, project management, systematic reviews and other topics. More information.