ACHRI Research Trainees
As a research institute, ACHRI focuses not only on providing an excellent research environment to its members, but also on innovative training initiatives to enhance the educational and research training experience at UCalgary and ACHRI.
To keep our trainees and scholars up-to-date on training activities and funding opportunities in ACHRI and beyond, ACHRI sends out a bi-weekly newsletter. To be added to the ACHRI trainee mailing list, please register as an ACHRI trainee.
ACHRI is pleased to partner with CSM institutes and other programs on campus - please check out their current offerings by clicking on links below:
- ACHRI Newsletter
- ACHRI Trainee Association (ACHRITA) - Events and Activities
- CSM Grant Development Office - Monthly Digest for Postdoctoral Associates
- Postdoctoral Office News
- CSM Graduate Science Education Newsletter
- Graduate Student Council of Foothills DGAs (CFD)
- KT (Knowledge Translation) Canada Newsletter
ACHRI Trainee Funding Competitions
Please see our Trainee Funding page for details on various ACHRI trainee awards and funding opportunities.
Courses and Workshops
Mitacs Training Program: Mitacs Training provides professional skills development courses for all university students currently registered, and recently graduated from a Canadian academic institutions. Please see our calendar for monthly course offerings.
Events and Seminars
For ACHRI events, visit the ACHRI calendar.
For CSM workshops and training activities, visit the CSM Training Programs calendar.
- Child Health and Wellness Seminars
- Join us on Mondays from 8:30 - 9:30 am for local and international speakers from our seven Child Health and Wellness programs. Visit the ACHRI calendar for details and to register.
- REALISE Module Workshops
- These workshops are open to HBI REALISE and ACHRI STEP program members. Registration is limited and on a first-come, first-served basis, so sign up soon! Visit the ACHRI calendar for details and to register.
- GradSnacks is a new grad-student focused program launching on the Foothills campus to address food insecurity among the population. With support from the GSA’s Quality Money, GradSnacks will provide free, nutritious snacks to graduate students 24/7. The program launches on January 18th, and is available to all Foothills campus graduate students. We have partnered with the CFD to operate GradSnacks out of the ZenDen in HSC G214. See poster for more details.
- ACHRITA Events:
- Visit My GradSkills online training resources to learn about remote professional development training opportunities for graduate studies
- Career Services: Resources for Students and CareerLink
- UCalgary Health Sciences Library Workshops
- Taylor Institute for Teaching and Learning: Postdoctoral Scholar Certificate in University Teaching
- Campus Mental Health Strategy
Contact us at email@example.com